Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Food allergies Part 3: The Allergist Appointment

Well as usual I am late blogging and getting my act together for the blog! I am super happy that we made it to see the doctor and was just happy to get it over with. I am glad that we have gotten this far, but like usual.. we are far from being done!!!

Thursday we all packed up and went to the Allergist. I was super ready to have answers and to move forward. When we finally made it I looked inside and noticed there must of been over a dozen people in that building!! I was concerned that this appointment would take forever and make me and the kids home for dinner and bed. We checked in and like always there is at least 30 pages of paperwork and the less than thrilled receptionist. As I was filling out the paperwork Kason was bouncing all over the place and laughing. It took them about 30 minutes to call us back to the closet like room. The nurse talked to me and asked me why we where here. I showed her the pictures and told her what we had been through for our son.  She told me that most mothers that come through have storied similar to that and that my son was one in many children with severe skin and food allergies , not to leave out the nagging asthma we have already had to deal with.  We chatted and then told me he would be in shortly. I sat there looking around the room and eyed a few of the doctors told, many in which i was familiar with because it was used on me at one point. When the doctor entered the room we talked for a minute and then he cut me off ( rudely actually) and told me that we would have to test again, why didn't we have an allergist before and that I needed to go out and buy a steam cleaner, bed covers and other hypoallergenic stuff to go into my house. I left the room to be shoved into another , handed material and was shoved out that door.. Nothing on diet, nothing on how to manage his symptoms, just another blood test and a flyer on

Honestly while I would have loved to learn a lot more with my sons allergies, I was given very little. Sickened with lack of help I needed. So now I have to wait till the blood test comes back again ( 2 week wait) and then we go back as he deems necessary and do oral challenges.. While I am happy we went, I am not happy I was treated the way I was!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment