Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Remembering to take it slow

So we finally moved into a new place. With an apartment was not my first choice of places it has suited us just fine. I am glad that the multiple hotel hopping is over!! We have been here about three weeks now and it has been amazing. I love the neighbors and the kids finally have friends to play with and a safe place to play at!  We have already had our issues as far as a few things breaking and stuff missing from boxes, but i think that we will get organized just fine. As most of you know we started to cloth diaper and well that has been fun to figure how many days we can go without washing them! But with all the hub-bub, we have managed to find peace with the new place ( even if it is only a year )while unpacking i kept coming across pictures of myself and my parents ( Emma & Popi ) . I was overwhelmed with emotion and realized how fast life really goes. Listening to music i heard a country song that reminded me to slow down and enjoy these days because i would want them back. Some of me does want them back now. I miss my yellow swing set and my husky. I miss staying up with my friends during the summer and roasting twigs over the grill and catching them on fire only to hear my father ( popi ) get onto me about catching things on fire. Now i am a mother of three and my oldest ( Kalli) will be 6 in April! I feel like i need a remote to just pause and be able to see life still for a minute. I will miss this all one day.. the little fights between Kalli and Kason.. Kaleb will no longer be nursing and will no longer come cuddle in my bed one day. I am blessed that the hub's will be there to keep me warm ( or so i pray). Someday ill have Grey hair and it will be their turn to take care of me. One day I will be the one needing care. One day i will have to say goodbye to my best friend.. Until then I vow to keep my cool and take it slower..

No comments:

Post a Comment