Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mommies and babies and breasts oh my!! (Hollister nurse in)

I know I am late posting about this because we have again all been sick!! I am exited to say I went to my second nurse in!! While I am a big fan of them , I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I went to the Hollister nurse in on the 5th of January.. While I am ever busy with the hotline calls , I decided to go to something and support a mother who had been harassed! The last one I went to was when Michelle Hickman had been harassed at a Target for nursing in public.  While I was nervous the last time for nursing without a cover, this time was a breeze!!  When I arrived I did not expect the mass amounts of smiling faces and babies! I was exited!! I was able to start talking to people and connecting with them.. It was odd because last time I was just nervous about being there that I didn't talk much. This time I was able to bond with the women I was with immediately!! As we talked we saw the security guards watching from afar!! At first we thought that they where going to approach us and tell us that we needed to leave, but after a hour they left and went about their business. We talked about what we wanted for the future!!

After an hour we left and went about our lives.. I went back to being the advocate that I was before and always will be . See if it wasn't for these women, I fear that the opinions and the scolds would not end. We need this sisterhood of women to band together and get our lives so much easier. Numbers talk louder than words sometimes.. I only hope this helps my daughter in the future.. I pray she never feels like we have and is thankful for all the women before her that paved the way for her children and herself!! I pray my sons learn to respect women and her rights, if they do I will know I did the right job!

Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment