Thursday, August 15, 2013

What I Learned as a Metro Mom

Ok so has anyone ever seen that movie "Trading Spaces?"  Ok I know it is a little rough of a movie with some of the scenes and such, but the idea is the same.. Being a Metro mom taught me that being a mom in a big city can be just as nerve racking as your first day of high school. While in a Big city you are surrounded by stores with various fashion, noise, and light!!  It is like fighting in a huge concrete jungle and you and your child are just a ant on the ground. When I had my first two little ones it was like trying to fit in and be a stranger at the same time..  No one in their right mind if they where someone would be without a Bug-a-Boo stroller or Fluer baby bag ( In which i found used and was very happy with). I did a lot of re-sale shops and a lot of consignment shopping so most times my daughter would be in styles that where eaither from the year before or right before the change.. I would be constantly trying to fit in with the trendy moms and the expensive playdate group only to find I was the last one standing ... I was not by any means cool!!!  I soon figured out I was way too crunchy and natural to live in a world where children looked like little dolls and that spending 30 dollars on one outfit was the norm. I am glad that I am now in a smaller city and people let their kids where what they think is fashionable.. Which to me is all that matters.. this place is so much more relaxed and the moms are not as close minded and snooty.. but still I am going to pass on my experiences with being the Metro mom..


What I learned as the Metro mom:

You always have to go out the door with some sort of makeup, Al Natural is not accepted.. If you want to get away with it, clean up yesterdays face and redo and remake that yesterday look

If you have a digital camera, make sure you bring it because most parents are stuck on taking pictures and Posting them on facebook and insta-crap ( i mean instagram)

Having a photographer is cool , try to find one so you can take those cute family moments ( and take up every inch of your house with canvas moments of joy)

You need the mom wagon.. you know what i'm talking about.. maybe through a little spunk in with a Kia  Soul or maybe be a cross over mom, Vans are out!!

Make sure your kids are enrolled in EVERY possible activity that they can get into.. Make sure it is with the most expensive and best company in town!!

Have a nanny or in some cases the one silly chick that will watch your kids so you can go sip on wine while your hubby is too busy in his career to give a crap about your sanity

Make sure your nails look good , you are a mom, not a maid.. your house is martha stuart clean and you shop at Ikea . your house looks fab and so does your clothes

Make sure you by that cute mommy style and make it sexy enough that even the single guys think you are hot!!

Do you get my point?

If you want to be a Metro mom.. you got to be just as plastic and just as fab as the celebrities...





No comments:

Post a Comment