Thursday, August 15, 2013

Shame on You JcPenny?

Has any of you seen the add from the back to school commerical of JcPenny if not ill post the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niQSECd1Oag


So after watching the commercial I was surprised to find that the add was not what everyone made it out to be. I was a mom of the Metro area and JcPenny is affordable to most families.. I know If my kids went to school in Dallas it would be a mix of Justice or in most cases for kids Gymboree and or when they where older Abercrombie and Hollister... I know that the term Making it or Breaking it is used too much and in most cases is sooo mis-used in most of daily life. I would like to bring in exhibit A in this case... Me

Mom always had a way to buy me some cute stuff ( or to her it was cute). It was not till I was in 6th grade that my mom let me have control of my outfits and how I dressed.. Most times even when I picked up the popular items I was shot down because it was too expensive, too provocative or too vulgar.  At that time it was sleeveless shirts, extreme tie dyed and swirly patterns and a lot of short mini skirts made popular by Britney spears and Christina A!!!  I tried my best not to be dressed up as the conservative little Bible belt girl as my mom had made me out to be ... It was not flattering for a small chested girl.. it made me look like a boy.. So with new wardrobe ( made to be cool , but conservative) , I went to my first day at 6th grade.. Even with name brand I was the laughing stalk of the group.. I was still too uncool from them and ended up being the bullied kid..

See the thing is no matter what you dress in and no matter the cost, someone somewhere will always have a better outfit, a cooler fashion or something better than you and even if you go and buy it after, someone made it cool before you did and you are a long for the ride.. So the advice for those Kids now days trying to " make it or break it"  ... Let your mind be your guide.. If it looks good to you then dress in it.. Try to have fun and most of all remind you that fashion and clothes don't make who you are, its how you make you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment