Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Getting ready to Let Go...

" Ugh I knew this day would come.. I'm pacing the floor at the Store and watching her get ready.. First the perfect outfit.. then the perfect shoes and then.. WAIT!!!!!! She isn't that old yet!!!! I cant be looking at a big girl... it isn't possible.. She is still a BABY!!!!"

6 years ago I was holding 4 month old baby girl... I was cooing at her, staying up all night because she had GERD and having to fix countless bottles ( since my milk dried up) and dreaming about this day.  I am thinking about the day she walks to a big yellow school bus waving at me as she goes off into the world.. the one thing I am trying to protect her from..  I dream about nights of homework and nights of staying up her when her heart is broke from a little boy who she likes.. It seems like its too soon in my head.. This little girl is growing up... She no longer wants mommy to play baby dolls.. she would rather get dressed on her own and walk across the street.. We used to read goodnight moon and now we read about history and places far from home.  I am heartbroken because it is one more step to her going to college and then leaving me forever. I have already took her shopping and got that perfect set of shoes and the perfect little backpack with the princesses. She is all ready to take off to the bus and go meet her teacher.. I am blessed that I can share this moment with her!! I am glad that I can work with her on the numbers and letters. I am glad i can teach her how to tie her shoes.. I am blessed to be her mother becuase , honestly I am just blessed to be given such a gift from God...

Now when I lay my head on my pillow tonight I will dream about my daughters first prom and going to get that perfect dress on her wedding day.. I know.. I know.. to soon.. But if 6 years went this fast how fast will the next? Will  I be looking at a woman instead of a girl soon? Will I be just as exited about the next first as all the others... Will she still love me like she loves me now? I guess in the next 12 years ill know.. Because then she is her own person!!

 Until that Day , to the yellow bus we will go!!!


A mom's goodnight poem:

Now I lay me down to sleep
Kids are asleep and havent made a peep
lunches are made and ready to eat

 And if my alarm goes off after I wake
I may have time to pack their cake

I watching my clock and listen to the
husband snore , I cant stand the noisy dog
next door

So in the night , I wake and turn off the lights
and dream of the day
that they grow up and move
away

I go in and kiss thier head and
pray that they will learn their
way 

That they will achieve and dream
and become what they want and
do wonderful things

Now I lay me down to sleep
I close my eyes and try to dream
and hope to sleep before the alarm
again screams...

No comments:

Post a Comment