Thursday, September 1, 2016

West Texas Natural Baby: Counting Down to D-Day

Soooo I left you off last trimester pretty much whining about how much I hated my new Diet. However I also shared some of the more personal things about being a mom to a rainbow baby! It has  really gone too fast. By the time I finish this post I will most Likely be holding her in my arms!! I wish I could have written more in the Second trimester, but during that time I was going through some pretty rough feelings and I was also trying to figure out how to handle them all. Pregnancy is rough and sometimes it isn't the cakewalk you want it to be.


Weeks 28-33: After about a week of the sugar detox, I started to notice more that my body was a lot happier and almost felt like I had a new lease on life. The first few weeks my blood sugars where super bad and I was trying to find a way to still allow carbs into my diet, vs carb starve myself and feel even worse. I admit I lived off of caffeine and a ton of grapefruit essential oils!! I had to draw my energy off of something. I also had something else to distract myself with.. I was offered a baby shower and I was thrilled seeing as we hag gotten rid of everything that we had for Kaleb ages ago. So off I went planning all the things that we needed for her! I was also a nervous mess trying to plan out how I would manage a newborn and my two older school kids and started to go through my calendar planning all the things we would need for the as well.. I could have used a lot more sleep then because life was about to become a lot more uncomfortable!


Weeks 34-36: I probably spent most of my day running in between the house and appointments. I Had a small stent in the L&D overnight due to my constant going. I was warned several times I needed to slow down or else I would be forcing myself to the point of delivering a preemie. So I had to make the choice between being busy and being bored... Being bored it was!! I found joy in adding things into my baby registry and planning the birth. I started to rely more and more on natural means of keeping this baby in. A week before my shower my doctor cleared me for a cheat day and I was exited for a chance to eat something with sugar in it.. Of course the day that I had my shower I decided to skip most of the carbs anyways. I didn't want a remake of the sugar detox  I had weeks before. The shower was wonderful!!! I had tons of friends and family there.. It was so refreshing and what got me through the last few weeks till I hit 36 weeks. The day I hit 36 weeks I thought for sure that we where going into labor.. I was having timeable contractions, was very sick at my stomach and felt a lot of pressure on my cervix. My husband begged me to go to bed and rest, he needed more time to finish a project at work and wanted the baby to wait a few more days. The next morning I was surprised to find that not only had the labor stalled off , but my spotting had stopped as well.. We are going to make it !! At 35 weeks we started the weekly visits to the OB and Primatologist began. I was nervously awaiting the measurements for her weight since I had started the Gestational diabetes thing later in the game. While It was hoping for a bigger baby , I was also hoping she would not come out the size of a small toddler!! At 36 weeks we where given the size of 5lbs 5oz.... I was a little worried when they said she was that small. However her fluid, cord and placenta where all working the way they where supposed to.
Ti Weeks 37- 39: We made it I thought that Saturday morning.. I worried about having another early baby again since this pregnancy we decided against the P-17 shots. The amount of relief I had once midnight passed was enough to make me cry.. I know if she was born in the next few days, she would make it!! Of course I also became a little impatient at the same time.. My whole body aches and I was ready to get this over with. As selfish as that seems I was ready to look upon my little girls face. My next visit with the perinatologist was short and easy and he asked about my plans for induction. I hadn't thought about it honestly since all of my babies have came early. I talked to the OB at my next visit and we decided August 15th it was. I was already dilated to a 1 and my cervix was showing signs of getting ready for baby. I joked with her during my 37 week visit that I wanted a 39 week baby! Sure enough I made it to 38 weeks.. I went in for my last visit with both of my doctors as a pregnant mom. I sat down in the hospital cafeteria for lunch and thought about all the changes about to happen in the next few days. I was only 4 days away from meeting my little girl. Secretly I had hoped I would go into labor. Saturday came and I hit 39 weeks. I was seriously upset with my body at this point. Why wasn't I going into labor by myself!! The whole day I was secretly hoping I would do enough cleaning to jump start the whole process..

I guess you all will have to wait till the next blog right?! Stay tuned for the next blog for her birth story!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment